You are hereHome >
MASSPIRG FIGHTS FOR THE PUBLIC—MASSPIRG Executive Director Janet Domenitz testifying before the legislative committee considering the Updated Bottle Bill, urging lawmakers to stand with the public instead of siding with the beverage and bottling industries, and to vote to update the commonwealth's most sucessful recycling program.
An Independent Voice For Consumers
MASSPIRG is a consumer group that stands up to powerful interests whenever they threaten our health and safety, our financial security or our right to fully participate in our democratic society.
Since 1972, we’ve stood up for consumers, countering the influence of big banks, insurers, chemical manufacturers and other powerful special interests.
- Transparency is fundamental to a thriving, participatory democracy.
- Returning our democracy to the principle of "one person, one vote."
- Looking out for consumers, from bank fees to toxic toys.
- Working to shut down Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station.
- Holding Wall Street accountable for their bad behavior.
- Working to keep our lifesaving antibiotics effective.
- Updating our state’s most effective recycling program.
- Reducing, reusing and recycling our way to zero waste.
- Making corporations pay the taxes they owe.
- Highlighting the benefits of early voting, and encouraging state and municipal governments to implement them effectively.
MASSPIRG 2014 Annual Report
We're teaming up with big restaurant chains to stop the overuse of antibiotics on factory farms. Call on KFC to stop selling meat raised on routine antibiotics.
Your donation supports MASSPIRG's work to stand up for consumers on the issues that matter, especially when powerful interests are blocking progress.