You are hereHome >
MASSPIRG FIGHTS FOR THE PUBLIC—MASSPIRG Executive Director Janet Domenitz testifying before the legislative committee considering the Updated Bottle Bill, urging lawmakers to stand with the public instead of siding with the beverage and bottling industries, and to vote to update the commonwealth's most sucessful recycling program.
An Independent Voice For Consumers
MASSPIRG is a consumer group that stands up to powerful interests whenever they threaten our health and safety, our financial security or our right to fully participate in our democratic society.
Since 1972, we’ve stood up for consumers, countering the influence of big banks, insurers, chemical manufacturers and other powerful special interests.
- Transparency is fundamental to a thriving, participatory democracy.
- Staunching the flow of special interest money in our elections.
- Campaigning for more investment in transportation across the Commonwealth.
- Looking out for consumers, from bank fees to toxic toys.
- Working to shut down Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station.
Read about our work in 2013. Download our report.
The overuse of antibiotics on factory farms is threatening these lifesaving antibiotics. Call on the Obama administration to put an end to the worst practices.
Your donation supports MASSPIRG’s work to stand up for consumers on the issues that matter, especially when powerful interests are blocking progress.